Saturday, March 7, 2009

What A Big Mistake??!!!...

All of us have different experiences in life. These may be good or bad which can provide us lessons in the end. Lessons that will help us to become better individuals in the future.

As a little girl and a student before, I used to be so happy, active, and a spoiled-brat who only thinks of herself for a reason that I am the youngest child in the family. When my father was still alive, I had always have great parties during my birthdays and my mother was not yet working. She only focused her mind in taking care of her four children. Until such time that my father had to leave us, everyone should be able to become responsible enough in order to survive. That big trial had caused my mother to become a father for us at the same time. She continued the business left by my father and we supported it and gave value from all her sufferings by doing good in school. Now, my three siblings have already graduated in college and started working for the family. Finally, I was the only one left studying and starting pursuing my ambitions in life. Unfortunately, my life became worst and in darkness during the past four years. It began when I first stepped into college and was freshly graduated from high school. It so happened that I suffered from depression because at first, I was only forced by my mother to take up B.S. Nursing which I didn't like because I preferred more to take up A.B. Political Science or International Studies that is intended for a Law course. The other reason for my depression was when we transferred to a very disorganized house. It was actually an under-renovated house which had a store in front. My mother decided to transfer because she had a conflict with our neighbor dwelling beside us. It had given me annoyance and much irritation because I couldn't move comfortably for the house is little and all our things were displayed in it. These had made me become rebellious to my family especially to my mother due to her decisions. So, I decided not to continue studying up to the end of the first semester. I went into drinking alcohols with my friends and that obedience to my mother slowly faded. My heart told me to become compassionate with them but my mind told me differently and was more powerful than my heart.

Depression and pains really dwelt in at that moment. My vision was dark and I felt that there was no hope left for me. I even thought of
committing suicide but still I remained patient until my mother decided to visit my aunt named Dr. Warlita C. Canque, a director in U.M. Digos and asked an advice from her. She advised my mother to admit me to a rehabilitation center and I stayed there for just eight days. I had received many medications and therapies from Dr. Babista who was a psychiatrist there. After few weeks, I enrolled at U.M. Digos and finished the second semester and then, I transferred at Brokenshire College to finish my B.S. Nursing due to my aunt's another advice.

Currently, I'm doing and feeling well with my life. my vision is now clear and bright which signifies of being hopeful and living life with love, understanding and serenity. Frankly, I am not ashamed to tell that I've gone to a rehabilitation center because it had served as the way to a new me and most importantly, I had met different kinds of people which I think would be very helpful when I become a nurse someday. I know it will guide me on relating and understanding the lives of the people.

With all my past experiences, I realized that we should be contented and grateful to Him of whatever He has given to us. Don't expect too much because it may lead to frustrations and depressions. Obey your parents for they know what is best for you. Lastly, love and respect your family because no other people can love, understand, support and care for you better than your loving family!!!....<^^,>

No comments:

Post a Comment